The vegetarian pepper balls are wonderful finger food and a great starter too . These balls can also be added to any gravy to make a nice kofta curry .Recipe Source : Vahrehvah.com
Raw Banana - 3 , boiled , peeled and grated
Ginger - 1/2 inch , grated
Garlic - 2 , big one , grated
Onion - 1/2 cup , chopped fine
Sahi Jeera - 1/4 tsp
Chili Powder - 1/4 tsp
Coriander Powder - 3/4 tsp
Turmeric Powder - 1/4 tsp
Amchur / Mango Powder - 1/4 tsp
Oil - 1 tbsp
Salt to taste
- Wash the banana well and cut into half and remove the top and bottom .
- Boil and cook the banana till fork tender.
- Remove the peel , cool and grate the banana.
- The peels can be used to make banana-peel-stirfry .
- Heat oil and add s. jeera and cook for 30 seconds.
- Then add onion and ginger garlic paste and stir well.
- When onion turns translucent add chili , turmeric and coriander powder.
- Stir and add the grated banana, amchur and salt and mix well.
- Cool and mash with your hands and form small balls.
- Pour a tbsp oil on a baking tray and roll the balls .
- Arrange the ball on the tray and bake till golden at 350 F.
Onion - 2 tbsp , chopped
Garlic - 2 tbsp , sliced
Green Chilli - 1 tbsp , chopped
Green Onion - 1/2 cup , chopped
Coriander leaves - 1/4 cup, chopped
Curry leaves - a few , torn
Pepper Powder - 1/2 tsp
Soya Sauce - 2 tsp or more to taste
Amchur /Mango Powder - 1/2 tsp
Oil - 1 tbsp
- Heat oil and add the onion , garlic and chili .
- Cook till the garlic turns light golden on the corners.
- Add curry leaves, amchur and pepper powder and mix.
- Add the green onion , coriander leaves and soya sauce.
- Add the balls and mix everything well for few minutes.
- Add you are ready to serve.
PS: Original recipe has used a cup of grated carrot and a cup of grated lauki too.