Vidhu Mittal is one of my favorite author. I am a big fan of her home style simple recipes. This bharva bhindi is simple and tasty.
Bhindi/Okra - 10 -15
Turmeric Powder - 1/2 tsp
Coriander Powder - 2 tsp
Red Chilli Powder - 1 tsp
Fennel Powder - 2 tsp
Dry Mango Powder - 3/4 tsp
Salt to taste
Oil - 2 1/2 tbsp
Asafetida - 1/8 tsp
Cumin Seeds - 1 tsp
- Wash and wipe dry , cut the top and bottom.
- Slit vertically by keeping the shape intact.
- Mix the stuffing ingredients together and fill each bhindi
- Heat oil and add asafetida , cumin seeds and stuffed bhindi.
- Cover and cook and keep stirring occasionally until bhindi is tender.
- Serve with roti or rice.