Methi greens is another vegetable that is winter staple in India. And when cooked with dal makes a wonderful combo with rice and papad. This is yet another recipe from my favourite cook book "cooking with Pedatha".
Methi Leaves - 1 cup ,chopped
Toor Dal - 1/4 cup
Turmeric Powder - 1/4 tsp
Asafoetida Powder - 1/4 tsp
Green Chillies - 2 , slit
Lemon Juice - 3/4 tbsp
Ghee - 1 tsp
Oil - 1 tsp
Salt to taste
Curry leaves a few
Mustard Seeds - 1/4 tsp - 1/2 tsp
Cumin Seeds - 1/4 - 1/2 tsp
Whole Red Chilies - 2
- Cook dal with a cup of water and turmeric till soft , churn well and set aside.
- In a pan , heat oil for tempering and pop mustard and cumin.
- Add the red chillies and wait for 30 seconds and add the greens.
- Cook covered till the methi is well done.
- Add the cooked dal , green chilli and curry leaves and continue to cook for few minutes.
- Add the lemon juice and remove from fire.