This rice roti is popular in kerala and in konkan region of maharastra. In kerala it is served with with sweetened coconut milk or kind of meat curry of choice. In konkan is served just like any wheat chappati
Fine rice powder / Idyappam Podi - 1 cup
Water - 1 cup
Ghee or Coconut oil - 1 tsp
Salt to taste
- Boil water , salt and ghee.
- Slowly add the rice flour and mix well .
- Cover and keep it aside.
- When cooled enough to handle knead well.
- Divide it into small balls and keep covered.
- Roll each ball between to pieces of plastic.
- Heat griddle and add one rolled chappati.
- Add cook both sides just like regular wheat roti.
PS : I use poori / tortilla press and parchment paper for rolling out the balls