I have used the banana peel left over from the garlic-pepper-vegge-balls recipe for this stir fry which we call mezhukvaratti . In kerala green plantains peels left over from the banana chips preparation is used for this stirfry . Here i have used the regular banana which we find in Indian grocery store.
Raw Banana - 2 , boiled
Onion or Pear onions - 2 tbsp , chopped
Curry leaves - a few
Mustard seeds - 1/4 tsp
Red chili Powder - 1/2 tsp
Turmeric Powder - 1/4 tsp
Oil - 2 tsp
Salt to taste.
- Boil the bananas till fork tender and take out the peel.
- Use the banana for garlic-pepper-vegge-balls or kerala-style-raw-banana-potato-curry.
- And the peel is used for this recipe.
- Remove the top fiber layer from the boiled peels and chop finely.
- Heat oil and add mustard seeds and let it pop.
- Add onion and curry leaves and cook till onion turns translucent.
- Add the turmeric and chili powder and cook for a minute.
- Add the chopped peels and mix well and add salt.
- Cook for another two three minutes and you are ready to serve.