This summer we wanted to try fish on the grill and thought of using this very famous Indian fish "pomfret". We were able to find it in the local Japanese market. This fleshy fish is really good for grilling. Another fish which i have tried is "trout" and it too works well on the grill.
Fish ( Pomfret) - 2
Chili Powder(mild for color) - 2 tsp
Chili Powder (hot for taste) - 1/2 tsp
Turmeric Powder - 1/4 tsp
Garam Masala Powder - 1/4 tsp
Lemon Juice - 1 tbsp or Water - 1 tbsp
Curry Leaves - a few sprigs
Oil - 1 tbsp
Salt to taste
- Clean the fish inside and out and trim all the fins and scale it too.
- Sprinkle about a tbsp on coarse salt evenly on both sides .
- Massage the salt well on the fish and wash it and keep it to drain.
- Now make few deep slits on both the side of the fish.
- Mix lemon juice , salt , turmeric , chilli and garam masala well.
- Now add a tbsp of water or a tbsp oil to the mixture and mix well.
- Mix about two spring of curry leaf into the mixture.
- Massage the mixture on the both sides of the fish.
- Fill a few curry leaves in each slit on both sides of the fish.
- Leave the fish in the refrigerator for few hours to marinate.
- And grill it or bothe sides on a hot grill.
- Or heat a pan and add a tbsp of oil and cook the fish on both sides.
- Serve the fish with lemon wedges