This curry is called mezhkuvaratti in malayam and can be done with any vegetable. Here i have used a combo of potato and raw banana. Its quick curry and goes well with rice and roti and perfect for lunch box.
Potato - 1 cup , peeled and cut into 1/2 cubes
Raw Banana - 2 cups , peeled and cut into 1/2 cubes
Pearl Onions - 5 , peeled and sliced
Whole red chili - 3 , broken
Curry Leaves - a few
Turmeric Powder - 1/2 tsp
Red Chilli Powder - 3/4 tsp
Mustard seeds - 1/4 tsp
Oil - 1 tbsp
Salt to taste
- Boil potato, banana, turmeric , salt and 1 cup water till fork tender.
- Drain and keep aside.
- Heat oil and add mustard and let it pop.
- Add curry leaves and onion.
- When onion turns translucent add whole broken chili .
- After a few seconds add the chili powder.
- Mix well and add cooked potato and banana.
- Mix well and cook for another few minutes and serve.
Sending it to veggie/Fruit A Month – RAW BANANA or PLANTAIN hosted at madscientistskitchen