Zucchini is a common vegetable in summer here and my zucchini plants in garden is producing a lot of it tis year . Because it is very mld in tasty it can take any spice mix and today i have tried it with maharastrian goda masala.
Zucchini - 3-4 medium sized
Coconut - 1/4 cup, grated
Mustard Seeds - 1/4 tsp
Cumin Seeds - 1/2 tsp
Fenugreek Seeds - 2 pinches
Asafetida - 2 pinch or Ginger Garlic paste - 1/4 tsp
Red Chilli Powder - 1 tsp
Turmeric Powder - 1/4 tsp
Goda Masala - 2 tsp or Garam Masala - 1 tsp
Tamarind Pulp - 1/4 tsp (optional)
Jaggery - 1 tsp
Peanut powder - 11/2 tbsp(optional)
Oil - 2 tbsp
Salt to tate
- Wash and peel the zucchini and cut into 3 * 1 inch pieces.
- Dry roast coconut , cool and grind to paste.
- Heat ghee and add mustard , cumin and fenugreek seeds.
- When mustard starts popping add asafetida and turmeric.
- Add red chilli , goda masala,coconut paste and cook fora minute.
- Add zucchini ,tamarind, peanut and jaggeryand mix well.
- Add 1/4 cup water and cook till zucchini is tender .
- Add salt and simmer for another minute.
- Mix well and you are ready to serve with rice or roti