Kunduru is know by different names in different part of India. It is called Tendeli or Kunduru or Kovakayya etc. It is considered a good source of beta carotene . I have posted a recipe for using this vegetable in Kerala Style : kovvaka-mezhukvaratti .Maharastian usually will cook kunduru with besan(chickpea flour).
Ginger Garlic Paste - 1/2 tsp
Onion - 2 tbsp , chopped fine
Cumin seeds - 1/4 tsp
Turmeric Powder - 1/4 tsp
Chilli Powder - 1/2 tsp
Coriander Powder - 1/2 tsp
Besan - 2 tbsp
Oil - 1 tbsp
Salt to taste.
- Heat oil and add cumin and cook for 30 seconds.
- Add onion and ginger garlic paste and mix well.
- When onion turn translucent add the chili and turmeric powder.
- Add the kundurru and mix well and cook covered for few minutes.
- Add the besan and mix well and cover and cook on low.
- When the kunduru turns tender add salt and mix .
- Serve with roti or rice and dal.