I don't know whats it called in English probably hyacinth beans or broad beans. I missed to take a picture of the beans before chopping it up.The young tender beans taste the best and simple mezhukvarrati(fry) with just onion and green chili tastes heavenly but what we get here in Indian shops fresh or frozen is always a little tough so i usually cook them in pressure cooker and make a curry with little gravy. Aloo added to the mix also tastes good. I think curry will go well with roti or paratha better than with rice.
Sem Ki Phali - 1 1/2 cup , chopped to 1/4 inch pieces
Onion - 1/2 cup, Chopped fine
Tomato - 1/2 cup , chopped fine
Ginger Garlic Paste - 11/2 tsp
Cumin Seeds - 1/2 tsp
Chilli Pw - 1 1/2 tsp
Turmeric Pw - 1/4 tsp
Oil - 1 tbsp
Salt to taste
Water - 1 cup
1. Heat oil add cumin seeds , ginger garlic paste and cook for 2-3 minutes.
2. Add onion and cook till light brown .
3. Add chili powder and cook for 4-5 seconds.
4. Add tomato , salt and turmeric .Mix well and cover.
5. Cook till oil starts to separate and tomato is throughly cooked.
6. Add chopped and washed sem ki phali and water.
7. Mix well and cover and cook till sem is well done.