Any kind of left over tomato chutney can be used to make tomato rice . But tomato rice is tasty enough to make a batch of chutney just for making this rice :).
Tomato - 2 cup chopped fine
Ginger - 1 tsp chopped fine
Onion - 1/2 cup chopped fine
Green Chilli - 1 tsp chopped fine
Curry Leaves - 10 -12
Hing - 1/4 tsp
Mustard Seeds - 1/2 tsp
Urad Dal - 1 tsp
Fenugreek Seeds - 1/4 tsp
Turmeric - 1/4 tsp
Red Chilli Pw - 1 tsp
Salt to taste
Oil - 1-2 tsp
1. Heat oil in a deep heavy bottom pan and add hing and mustard.
2. Let mustard pop and then add fenugreek seeds and urad dal.
3. Once dal turns golden add onion ,green chilli,ginger and curry leaves.
4. Cook till the onion turns translucent and add turmeric,red chilli pw and cook for a min .
5. Add tomato cover and cook till tomato is fully cooked.
6. Now add salt and mix well and cook uncovered till desired consistency is reached.
Now that chutney is ready we will need cooked rice . Make sure to cook the rice such that each grain is separate and spread it in a plate.
Cooked Rice - 2 cup
Now that chutney is prepared mix it with the cooked rice and serve with any kind of papad.
PS : You may not need to use the entire chutney so add in small batches of chutney to the rice mix well , taste and add more as needed.