Mixed vegetable curry is cooked in my home when have little of many vegetables left in the fridge. This is my MIL's recipe and she calls its poriyal. I myself call it clean your fridge mixed veg curry:)The recipe is simple enough for everyday preparation and goes well with roti. .I have used potato,eggplant,cauliflower,drumsticks,beans,tomato. If drumsticks are not available use peanuts.
Potato Yukon gold - 1 medium sized, cubed into 1 1/2 inch pieces
Cauliflower - 1 cup ,florets
Egg Plant - 1/4 cup ,cubed into 1 1/2 inch pieces
Drumsticks - 1/4 cup , 2 inch pieces
Peanut - 2 tbsp
Beans - 1/4 cup , 2 inch pieces
Onion - 1/2 cup finely chopped
Tomato - 1 cup finely chopped
Green Chilli - 1 tsp chopped fine
Ginger Garlic Paste - 2 tsp
Turmeric Pw - 1/4 tsp
Red Chilli Pw - 2 tsp
Mustard Seeds - 1/2 tsp
Curry Leaves - 5-6
Coriander /Cliantro Leaves - 2 tsp
Oil - 2 tbsp
Water - 1 cup
Salt to taste
1. Heat oil in a deep pan and add mustard seeds and let it pop.
2. Add ginger garlic paste,onion, green chilli, curry leaves and salt and cook till onion is golden.
3. Add turmeric ,red chilli powder and cook for a minute.
4. Add tomato mix well and cover and cook till oil starts to separate.
5. Mix the mixture now and then so that it doesn't stick to the bottom of pan.
5. Add potato ,drumstick and water and cover and cook till potato is half done.
6. Then add all the vegetables and cover and cook till all the vegetable are properly cooked.
7. Check for gravy if its not enough add some more as needed and let come a boil.
8. Remove from heat and sprinkle with coriander leaves.