This recipe is inspired by friends mother's Thalipeeth recipe.I just modified it a little because i had some rice flour which i needed to use up and the result my tasters said is good so thought of posting it :).
Rice flour - 1/2 cup
Wheat Flour - 1/2 cup
Cucumber grated - 2 cups
Green Chilli - 1 tbsp Chopped fine
Green Onion - 1/4 cup chopped fine only top greens
Onion - 1/4 cup
Cumin - 1 tsp
Turmeric - 1/4 tsp
Salt to taste
1. Mix the rice flour,wheat flour ,salt onions,chilli,cumin,turmeric .
2. Mix grated cucumber slowly to the mixture and make a thick very batter and leave it for 15 -20 minutes.
3. Heat a non-stick tava or pan .
4. Drop 1/2 tsp oil and spread it well.
5. Drop a blob of batter on the tava and spread it into a round shape with hands.
6. Make a hole in the center on the round and fill it with oil.
7. Let it cook and check to see by lifting with a flat spatula to check for brown spots on underside.
8. Spread a little oil on top and turn.
9. Cook on the other side till done.
10. Serve with tomato chutney or pickle.
PS : Spreading batter with hands on a hot tava takes a little practice so you can use a wooden fork if it helps to spread :).
I am sending this to WYF- Break Fast Event at blog : SimpleIndianFoods.