For this fritter i use all the dal available in my pantry. I can it D&D fritters or vada as the main ingredients are DALs and DILL. Dill is what gives this recipe its unique taste. If you like dill you will like this vada.
Toor Dal -1/4 cup
Moong Dal - 1/4 cup
Urad Dal - 1/4 cup
Dill - 1/4 cup chopped fine
Green Chilli - 2 tbsp chopped fine
Onion - 1/2 cup chopped fine
Salt to taste
Oil for frying
1. Wash and soak all the dals for 4 -6 hrs.
2. Coarsely grind all the dals in a food processor.
3. Mix in onion ,chilli , dill and salt.
4. Heat oil to 350 F in a deep pan.
5. Take small lemon size balls of mixture and flatten it between two palms forming a disk.
6. Drop the disc in into the hot oil and deep fry till golden.
7. Serve hot or at room temperature with chutney of your choice.