This year i tried growing potato for the very first time and i have a small balcony garden so grow everything in pots .Sowed the seeds in early spring and now by summer it produced some small cute potatoes for us.
When i saw the baby potatoes the first dish that came to my mind is Dum Aloo.
Baby Potato - 10 - 12
Curd - 1/2 cup
Onion - 1/4 cup chopped fine
Tomato - 1/4 cup
Turmeric - 1/4 tsp
Chilli Pw - 1 tsp
Coriander Pw - 1 tsp
Dry Ginger Pw -1/2 tsp
Fennel Pw -1/2 tsp
Garam masala -1/4 tsp
Honey -1/2 tsp
Hing -1/4 tsp
Bay Leaf -1 big
Oil -11/2 tbsp and also to deep fry
Salt to taste
Cliantro - 1 tbsp finely chopped
1. Clean and peel the skin of potato and prick with fork and leave in salted water for half an hour and then deep fry and keep aside.
2. If you want to avoid deep frying boil the potato and then peel and prick it with fork and drop them in salted water for half an hour.
3. Grind onion and tomato together to a paste.
4. Mix curd,honey,salt,chilli,coriander ,turmeric,garam masala,ginger and fennel powder.
5. Heat oil and add hing and bay leaf to it.
6. Add onion tomato paste and cook till oil separates.
7. Lower the flame and add curd masala mix and cook till oil floats on top.
8. Add the potato and cup of water and let every thing simmer till the gravy reaches the required consistency.
9. Remove from heat and add finely chopped coriander leaves and serve.