Whole Moong sprouted is very healthy. My dad says for diabetic patients its good to eat a fist full of sprouted moong after morning exercise . But i myself cannot eat uncooked sprouts so devised this recipe to take in my healthy dose of moong whenever i feel like. This recipe will be a good for healthy breakfast or after school snack for kids .May be they will like to take it in there lunch box with a little ketchup.
I have used whole moong but good old lentils found in supermarkets also tastes good.
Dry Whole Moong - 1 recipe
Whole Wheat Roti (or Any Tortilla) - 6
Tomato - 1/4 cup deseeded and chopped fine
Onion - 1/4 cup chopped fine
Carrot - 2 tbsp grated
Cilantro(Coriander leaves) - 2 tbsp chopped fine
Chat Masala - 1 tsp or to taste
Sev - 1/4 cup
Oil - 2 tsp
1. Prepare a recipe of the dry whole moong and let it cool.
2. Add to it onion,tomato,carrot,cilantro ,chat masala and mix well.
3. Check for seasoning and adjust salt and add sev and mix well.
4. Brush a little olive oil on both sides of the roti or tortilla and warm it.
5. Fill it with the salad and prepare a burrito like wrap and serve with tamarind chutney or ketchup.
I'm sending this to "show me your sandwich" event at Dil-Se