Muli paratha is something that i love and others in the family not so much :) so made rarely. But this weekend i had a big muli lying around in the fridge so thought of making muli stuffed paratha. Usually muli is gratted ,water squeezed out and stuffed but i was in hurry so cooked the stuffing to remove the water.
Atta /Whole wheat Flour - 1 cup
Salt -1/4 tsp or to taste
Luke warm Water - 1/2 cup
1. Mix atta,salt,3/4 water and start making dough by adding remaining water as needed.
2. Knead the dough for a few minutes and cover and keep aside.
Muli - 1 1/2 cup gratted .
Green Chilli Paste - 1 tsp
Red Chilli Pw - 1 tsp
Tumeric - 1/4 tsp
Ajwain (Bishop's Weed)- 1/2 tsp
Oil - 2 tsp
1. Heat oil and add the ajwain and lower the flame.
2. Add chili,tumeric and cook for a 10 sec.
3. Add grated muli and salt and cook on medium flame.
4. Let all the water evaporate and muli cook through.
5. Let the stuffing cool.
1. Divide the dough and stufing into four eqaul parts.
2. Take a portion of dough and roll it into a small circle .
3 .Place a portion of filling into the circle and shut it close into a ball.
4. Keep aside and repeat with rest of dough and filling.
5. Dip a ball in dry flour and flatten with palm of your into disc and roll into circle.
6. Drop the rolled paratha into a hot skillet.
7. Cook on medium heat till small brown spot appears on bottom side .
8. Then flip and cook the other side similarly.
9. Apply a tsp oil/ghee on top flip and cook for a minute.
10.Repeat the same on the other side too.
11. Serve hot with curd and pickle.