A colleague of my husband came here for few weeks on a business trip and she was getting home sick so we invited her for a home cooked indian meal and when she came over what she was craving most was baigan fry with curd rice and luckly i had some in fridge. And she prepared it in her own style and had it with curd rice. So here is the recipe.
Brinjal - 1 cup cubed to 1'' pieces
Mustard Seeds - 1/2 tsp
Sambar Powder - 1 tsp
Salt to taste
Oil - 2 tsp
1. Heat oil in a pan and add mustards when they crackle add brinjal cubes.
2. Then lower the flame , mix lightly and cover and cook for another two minutes.
3. Uncover and cook mixing now and then light handedly.
4. When done add sambar pw and cook for another minute .
5. Serve it curd rice or boiled rice and sambar.