Now that cold weather is here ,i do not prefer to take out curd directly from fridge and mixing it up with rice during lunch so i do a quick tempering and warm the curd a bit before serving it.This is something i prepare when i am in hurry or when something light is in order for lunch.
Curd - 1/2 cup
Water - 1/2 cup
Onion - 2 tbsp chopped fine
Curry Leaves - 3-4
Turmeric -1/4 tsp
Red Chilli - 2
Mustard Seeds - 1/2 tsp
Methi Seeds - 1/4 tsp
Oil - 2 tsp
Sugar to taste(optional)
Salt to taste
1. Mix curd, water, turmeric,salt and sugar and keep aside.
2. Heat oil add mustard and when it starts splutter add methi.
3. When methi turns golden add curry leaves,onion,red chilli.
4. Now cook till onion turns golden and add to curd.
5. Now keep the curd on low flame and just warm it.
6. Serve it with warm rice and any kind of papadams.
This i'm sending to the event Light Meal at SimpleIndianFood