Aloo is so verstile can be mixed and matched with anything but handles itself well alone too :).This is one of one of those recipes that can be eaten during vrat too just by skipping the mustard seeds in the recipe.
Aloo - 2 cup cubed
Mustard Seeds - 1 tsp
Turmeric Pw - 1/4 tsp
Red Chilli Pw - 1 tsp
Salt to taste
Oil - 2 tsp
1. Cook aloo, salt ,turmeric and 2 cups water till aloo is only fork tender.
2. Drain the aloo and keep aside.
3. Heat oil and add mustard seeds and let it pop.
4. Lower the heat and add red chilli pw and add potato.
5. Mix well and cook for few more minutes.
Goes well with curd rice or plain dal and rice and its a good recipe to travel with and can be served with puri or paratha.