Parwal is very popular among bengali community and they even make sweets out of it. Parwal is actually quite expensive vegetable even in India. Here is my humble try with this "Majestic Parwal ".
Parwal - 4
Potato - 1 medium sized yukon gold
Ginger - 1/2 tsp grated
Garlic - 1/2 tsp grated
Onion - 1/4 chopped fine.
Tomato - 1/4 cup chopped fine
Green Chilli - 2 chopped fine
Red Chilli Pw - 1/2 tsp
Turmeric Pw - 1/4 tsp
Salt to taste
Oil - 2 tsp
Coriander Leaves - 1 tbsp chopped fine
1. Scrape parwal and cut each into one inch cubes.
2. Peal aloo and cut into one inch cubes.
3. Heat oil add ginger garlic and onion and cook on low flame till onion turn light golden.
4. Add all powders and add tomato and cook till oil starts to separate.
5. Add potato and 1/4 cup of water and cover and cook till potato is 1/2 done.
6. Add parwal and cook covered till parwal and potato is done.
7. Add coriander leaves and serve with roti.