I was paired with Priya of http://priyaeasyntastyrecipes.blogspot.com for this months blog hop .She has a wonderful collection of fabulous recipes and when i saw this traditional recipe at her blog i knew what i wanted to cook. Horsegram which is called mudhira in malayalam is said to be very warm so its really good podi for winter season . I have heard ,my mom say that horse gram should be used very judiciously in summer but can be eaten in winter in which ever form you like.
Horsegram /Mudhira - 1/4 cup
Toor Dal - 1 tbsp
Whole Dry Red Chilli - 1
Peppercorn - a few
- Roast horsegram till color changes to dark red on low heat.
- Roast the dal to golden on low heat.
- Roast the red chili till fragrant.
- And toss black pepper too for a few minutes on low heat.
- Once everything cools grind it to a powder.
Serve sprinkled on hot rice with ghee or use as seasoning for vegetable.
"Blog-Hop-Wednesdays" at tickling palates.