Kala Channa is like either you like it or hate it . If you are one of those people who love it then this recipe is a must try :). Quick and easy side and tastes good served over in kind of chat you are making and makes it healthy too.
BlackChickPea/ Kala Channa - 1/2 cup ,soaked over night in water
Potato - 2 small yukan gold or red
Onion - 1/2 cup chopped
Ginger - 1 tsp chopped very fine
Green Chilli - 1 tbsp or to taste chopped fine
Coriander/Cilantro - 2 tbsp chopped fine
Lemon Juice - 2 tsp
Garam Masala - 1/2 tsp
Turmeric - 1/4 tsp
Hing - 1/4 tsp
Oil - 1 tbsp
Salt to taste.
2. Boil potato too till fork tender but take care not to overcook.
3. Heat oil in a pan and add onion , ginger , chilli .
4. Cook till onion start to just change color.
5. Add drained cooked chickpea and cook till moisture if any dries .
6. Sprinkle with garam masala.
7. Break Potatoes with a fork and add it to the chickpea and mix everything light handedly.
8. Switch of the flame check for salt and add if needed .
9. Add lemon juice, cilantro and mix well but light handedly.
PS : I pressure cook black chickpea till three - four whistles.
Its important to add fork broken potatoes rather than
chopped. When you mix the salad some of the broken
potatoes will becomes creamy and coat the chickpea
which makes it very tasty otherwise salad becomes too dry.
I'm sending this to MLLA 15 hosted by Sia at MonsoonSpice and initiated by Susan at The Wellseasoned Cook