This is a modified version of maharastrian dish called Patal Bajje . Its not authentic but surely tasty. Traditionally made but channa dal ,palak and palak like sour green (ambath choka i think).I use tomato for sour taste.
Channa Dal - 1/4 cup
Palak - 1 cup
Groundnut - 1 tbsp
Ginger Garlic- 1 tsp
Tomato - 1/2 cup chopped fine
Onion - 1/2 cup chopped fine
Turmeric - 1/4 tsp
Chilli Pw - 1 tsp
Coriander Pw - 1 tsp
Godda Masala - 1/4 tsp (optional)
Garam Masala - 1/4 tsp
Oil - 1 tbsp
Salt to taste
Water for cooking - 1 cup
1. Cook dal,spinach,groundnut ,turmeric and water in pressure cooker.
2. Mash the cooked dal mixture with the traditional mathini (used for churning curd).
3. Heat oil add ginger garlic paste and cook for a minute.
4. Add onion and cook till golden.
5. Add chilli pw,coriander pw and cook for a minute.
6. Add tomato , cover and cook till oil separates.
7. Add the cooked dal mixture and godda and gram masala.
8. Cook the mixture on low flame for 5-10 minutes.
9. Serve with rice or roti.