Dal i feel always tastes good when cooked with some kind of greens. Today i have cooked with radish greens.
Toor Dal - 1/2 cup
Radish Green - 1 /2 Chopped
Tomato - 1 small ,chopped
Green Chilli - 2 or to taste chopped
Garlic - 3 cloves
Turmeric - 1/4 tsp
Mustard Seeds - 1/4 tsp
Cumins Seeds - 1/4 tsp
Salt to taste
Ghee - 1 tsp
1. Cook dal, chilli,tomato, garlic,turmeric together till dal is very well done and mushy.
2. Dal can be done in a pressure cooker for two three whistles .
3. Mix the dal with the traditional mathni and add water if needed.
4. Heat ghee in a pan and add mustard and cumin.
5. When seeds start to pop add radish green and cover and cook for 2-3 minutes.
6. Add the dal to the pan and season with salt and let it boil for a minutes.
7. Remove from flame and serve with rice or roti.