Thoran is one of the staples of Kerala Cuisine. My favorite combination is cabbage and carrot.I love beetroot thoran too .This time i had come tops and bottoms of a few capsicum in refrigerator leftover from previous days chowmien recipe so i have used it with cabbage.
Cabbage - 1 cup , chopped fine
Capsicum(red, yellow & green) - 1/2 cup ,chopped fine
Onion - 1/4 cup , chopped fine
Hot green chilli - 2 chopped fine
Fresh Coconut - 1/8 cup , grated
Oil - 1 tsp
Mustard Seeds - 1/2 tsp
Urad Dal - 1 tsp
Curry Leaves - a few
Turmeric Pw - 1/8 tsp
1. Coarsely grind coconut,chilli,cumin,turmeric together and keep aside.
2. Heat oil and add mustard .
3. When it starts to pop add urad dal and then onion.
4. Cook till onion turns golden and add curry leaves and coconut mixture.
5. Mix well and cook for a minute.
6.Add cabbage , capsicum and salt and mix thoroughly.
7. Cover and cook for 2 minutes.
8. Uncover mix and cook for 1-2 minutes.
9. Serve with rice