Sometime back my friend asked me to post some recipe as she is new to cooking eggs. Ever since i have been thinking of posting something for her to try. Then few days back a friend came over at a weekend evening and i cooked up this egg curry. i remember a very simple version of my moms egg curry and used it as an inspiration for this slightly fancy version. I have used some whole spices in the recipe but this curry can be prepared without them too and i'm sure will be equally tasty.
Egg - 5 hard boiled
Whole Spices - 1'' cinnamon , a bay leaf, a green cardamon, 2 cloves, a pinch of mace, a petal of star anise
Onion - 1/4 cup , ground to paste
Tomato - 1/2 cup , ground to paste
Ginger Garlic Paste - 1 tsp
Oil - 2 tbsp
Turmeric - 1/4 tsp
Chilli Pw - 1 tsp
Coriander Pw - 1 tsp
Salt to taste
Coriander Leaves for garnish
1. Heat oil and add whole spices and cook for 2 minutes.
2. Add ginger garlic paste and cook for a minute.
3. Add onion paste and cook till golden.
4. Add turmeric, chili,coriander pw and cook for a minute.
5. Add tomato paste and cook till oil separates.
6. Prick few times all over peeled egg with a knife .
7. Drop them into the gravy and add 1/2 cup of water.
8. Add salt to the gravy and cover and simmer for 5 minutes.
9. Garnish with coriander leaves and serve.