Kovakaya also know as tendli , kunduru is a vegetable rich in beta carotene . Kovakaya mezhukvarati goes very well with sambar or mor curry and rice. I had only a quater pound of kovakaya in refrigerator so added equal quantity of aloo too . I found that the fry taste good with fresh kovakaya only, though frozen works well for maharastrian besan wali kunduru ki sabzi and even in masala baath so i always keep them on hand.
Kovakaya /Tendeli - 1/4 pound
Aloo /Potato - 1/4 pound
Turmeric - 1/4 tsp
Red Chilli - 1 tsp
Salt to taste
Oil - 1 tbsp
1. Slit each kovakya into half and divide each half into two or three pieces length wise.
2. Chop aloo into thin pieces about 3 inches in length
3. Heat oil in a big skillet add potato and koyakaya.
4. Add salt and turmeric and mix well.
5. Cover and cook on medium flame for 3-4 minutes.
6. Uncover and cook by mixing now and then light handedly.
7. Cook till potato and koyakaya tender tender too.
6. Sprinkle the chili powder and mix well.
7. Cook for another minutes or so and fry is ready to serve.