We all fry let over rice and lemon rice is my favorite recipe to make with them. But this time i thought of frying rice like maharastian aloo pohe. Sometime when rice is not enough i mix it with soaked pohe and prepare. Not everyone in my family is happy when i prepare left over rice for breakfast but i will give them funda about not throwing away food and make them eat :).
Cooked rice - 2 cup
Onion - 1/2 cup
Potato - 1/2 cup ( cut into 1/4'' thick and 1 1/2'' long pieces )
Matar - 1/2 cup
Hot green chili - to taste
Oil - 2 tbsp
Jeera - 1/4 tsp
Mustard seeds - 1/2 tsp
Turmeric - 1/2 tsp
salt to taste
Coriander leaves for garnish
1. Heat a skillet with oil and add mustard seeds.
2. When they pop add cumin and cook for a minute.
3. Add onion , chili and potato cook till potato is almost done.
5. Add matar ,turmeric,salt and cook for 2-3 minutes.
6. Add rice and mix well. Add a tsp of lemon juice(optional).
7. Garnish with coriander leaves and serve with pickle.
Sending this to APS -Rice event at Anita's Kitchen.