This my MIL's go to salad. I think in Maharashtra it is called koshmbair. It specially goes well with spicy North Indian curries . The radish in the mix gives it a very unique earthy peppery taste which i love but if you find white indian diakon radish a little over powering use small red radish for a milder taste or if you totally hate radish :) it works with cucumber alone too. I usually will put a tempering over it just before serving but tastes good without too.. I'm sending this to Divya's Salad event.And ha this makes a good dip for chips too.
Grated Cucumber - 1/4 cup
Grated Radish - 1/4 cup
Hot green chili - 1 tsp
Hung Curd - 1/4 tsp
Oil - 1/2 tsp
Mustard seed - 1/4 tsp
Cumin seed - 1/4 tsp (used urad dal instead)
Salt to taste
Cilantro for garnish
1. Cucumber , radish , green chili , curd ,salt .
2. Heat oil add mustard ,when it pops add urad dal or cumin .
3. Cook for a minute and pour over the mix.
4. Add cilantro and mix everything well.
5. And the salad is ready to serve.
I have used small red radish here as i didn't had white diakon on hand but i personally prefer white diakon in this recipe.