Cucumber Radish salad with curd


This my MIL's go to salad. I think in Maharashtra it is called koshmbair. It specially goes well with spicy North Indian curries . The radish in the mix gives it a very unique earthy peppery taste which i love but if you find white indian diakon radish a little over powering use small red radish for a milder taste or if you totally hate radish :) it works with cucumber alone too. I usually will put a tempering over it just before serving but tastes good without too.. I'm sending this to Divya's Salad event.And ha this makes a good dip for chips too.

Grated Cucumber - 1/4 cup
Grated Radish - 1/4 cup
Hot green chili - 1 tsp
Hung Curd - 1/4 tsp
Oil - 1/2 tsp
Mustard seed - 1/4 tsp
Cumin seed - 1/4 tsp (used urad dal instead)
Salt to taste
Cilantro for garnish


1. Cucumber , radish , green chili , curd ,salt .
2. Heat oil add mustard ,when it pops add urad dal or cumin .
3. Cook for a minute and pour over the mix.
4. Add cilantro and mix everything well.
5. And the salad is ready to serve.

I have used small red radish here as i didn't had white diakon on hand but i personally prefer white diakon in this recipe.

7 comments:

  1. this looks really yummy..must try.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adipoli combo..looks very tempting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. congratulations on ur award.. dish looks yum

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yummy salad! And congratulations on your award!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice recipe! thanks for visiting my space!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi nisha I htink I am first time here.. I loved this radish and cucumber combo and I never attempted with this combo for making raita.. truely nice one will do it immediately as i have both on my fridge. All your recipes are wonderful and will be here often.

    ReplyDelete