This Til chutney i learnt from a neighbor friend of mine and now makes this during winter time. I think its very popular in maharastrian homes. I add a little tamarind to the original recipe , usually i'm not in favor of modifying the perfect recipes but in this case the little sourness gives the chutney a new dimension. Chutney is equally tasty without tamarind too. It goes very well as a side for roti sabzi or vada pav but i love it mixed into warm rice with little ghee.
Til - 2 tbsp
Desiccated Coconut - 1 tbsp
Peanut - 1 1/2 tbsp
Dry Red Chili - 4
Garlic - 4 cloves
Salt to taste
Oil - 1/2 tsp
1. Dry roast each til, coconut ,peanut separately till fragrant.
2. Heat oil and add garlic , chili, tamarind(dime size).
3. Cook till garlic turns light golden.
4. Cool and grind everything together with salt.
5. Serve with roti ,rice or vada pav.
Mix a tbsp of this power with 1/4 cup curd or mayo and adjust the seasoning . It makes a great dip for chips or veggie.
I'm sending this to Cooking with seeds : Sesame Seed event at Priya's Easy N Tasty.