I brought this pepper thinking that i will make some stuffed pepper pakoda but then in between had other pakodas and vada many times so dropped the plan of making anything fried with it and decided to cook up a stir fry instead. I had some Sesame Seed chutney in the fridge so thought of adding it to the recipe to finish it of.And the result was not bad so thought of posting the recipe.
Anaheim Pepper - 3
Onion - 1/2 cup chopped fine
Mustard seeds - 1/4 tsp
Cumin seeds - 1/4 tsp
Coriander pw - 1/2 tsp
Turmeric pw - 1 Seed 4 tsp
Tamarind paste - 1/2 tsp (or Use lime juice - 1 tsp )
Sesame chutney pw - 1 tbsp
Oil - 2 tsp
Salt to taste.
1. Wash and slit each pepper into four half and cut into 1/2 '' pieces.
2. Heat oil and add mustard seeds .
3. When mustard starts popping add cumin seeds.
4. Add onion and cook till translucent .
5. Add coriander , turmeric pw and cook for a minute.
6. Add pepper and tamarind paste and cover and cook for 3-4 minutes.
7. Uncover and add the sesame pw and mix well.
8. Cook till the pepper is tender.
9. Serve it as a side to roti or rice.