Aloo is the quintessential vegetable in Indian kitchen. Back in days potato used to be the only vegetable available " always "in the pantry. And every mom has a rasa ke wala aloo recipe which will be her go to recipe whenever no other vegetable is there in her kitchen.This is one such recipe. Even though these days we all have some or other kind of frozen vegetables always in our freezers but still i like to cook this up once in a while and serve with roti.
Aloo - 4 medium sized , each cut into four or six pieces.
Whole Spices - 1/2 tsp cumin , 1'' cinnamon , a bay leaf, 1 cardamon, 2 cloves
Onion - 1/4 cup , ground to paste
Tomato - 1/2 cup , ground to paste
Ginger Garlic Paste - 1 tsp
Oil - 2 tbsp
Turmeric - 1/4 tsp
Chilli Pw - 1 tsp
Coriander Pw - 1 tsp
Salt to taste
Coriander Leaves for garnish
1. Heat oil and add whole spices and cook for 2 minutes.
2. Add ginger garlic paste and cook for a minute.
3. Add onion paste and cook till golden.
4. Add turmeric, chili,coriander pw and cook for a minute.
5. Add tomato paste and cook till oil separates.
6. Drop the cubed and washed potato into the mix.
7. Add 1 to 11/2 cup of water and salt.
8. Cover and simmer till potato is done.
9. Garnish with coriander leaves and serve.