For shivarathri fast i prepared sabudana /tapioca pear vada . Its one of the favorite fast recipe at my home .Whenever i visit Pune the first thing on my todo list to to eat vada pav and sabudana vada . And i love the peanut chutney they serve with it there. At home i usually serve it with plain beaten curd. During my intial days of cooking to i used to be scared of making this vada as at times my vada used to break in the oil and its messy :(. But after many trial and error i now know the proportion of the ingredients for good vada.So here is my recipe :).
(Soak pearls overnight in just enough water to cover it)
Roasted Peanut Powder - 1 cup
Potato - 2 cup , boiled and mashed
Hot Green Chili - 3 tsp , chopped fine
Coriander Leaves - 1 cup , chopped fine.
Cumin Seeds - 1 tsp
Salt to taste
Oil to fry
Oil to fry
2. Heat oil to 340 F in a deep pan.
3. Take a golf ball size of tapioca pearl mixture in hand and make a ball.
4. Flatten the ball to a flat disc by pressing between your two palms.
5. Make a few discs and drop a few into the oil.
6. Fry till both sides are golden.
7. Serve hot with Curd or any chutney.