Parathas are my all time fav's for breakfast and i love to make them with all sorts of vegetables.
Usually ghee is used for paratha but i use oil these days oil and tastes wonderful but purist paratha lover will be mad at me for using oil but these days we all have to watch our health.Home made paneer is best for this recipe.I mixed everything into the flour to make a EXTRA SOFT paratha but the panner,matar,onion ,chilli and salt can be mixed together and used as stuffing to make stuffed paratha too.
Atta /Wheat Flour - 1 cup
Paneer - 1/4 cup crumbled or grated
Matar - 1/4 cup blanched and paritally mashed.
Green Chilli - 2 tbsp chopped very fine
Onion - 1/4 cup chopped fine
Milk - 2 tbsp
1. Mix atta ,paneer,matar ,chilli,onion, salt with clean hands.
3. Add little milk or some more flour as needed and make a stiff dough.
4. Leave the dough to rest of half an hour.
5. Divide the dough into 5 equal parts.
6.Take a ball and make round balls by rolling it between your palms.
7. Press between your palms and make a disc.
8. Dip it into dry flour and using rolling pin make a circle appox 6-8 inch in diameter.
9. Brush a little oil and fold into half and again brush oil on folded side fold in half.
10.Dip the triangle in flour and roll it into a paratha shape.
9. Heat a skillet and cook the paratha on both sides by brushing little oil on each side.
7. Serve with green chutney or fresh curd .