When you only have aloo on hand and want to prepare something special out of it prepare aloo ke kofte :). It looks very fancy but can be prepared with simple ingredients. You can cook up potato just like in Aloo Chop recipe or can mix up everything like have done below and prepare kofte.
Potato - 2 cups , cooked and mashed
Chilli - 1 tbsp , chopped fine
Turmeric Pw - 1 tsp
Chilli Pw - 1 tsp
Coriander Pw - 1 tsp
Garam Masala Pw - 1/2 tsp
Lemon Juice - 1 tsp
Coriander Leaves - 1 tbsp
Corn Starch - 2 tbsp
Water as needed
Bread Crumbs - 1 cup
Oil for frying
Onion - 1/2 cup Chopped
Tomato - 1/2 cup chopped fine
Ginger Garlic Paste - 2 tsp
Coriander Leave - 4 tbsp
Turmeric Pw - 1/4 tsp
Chilli Pw - 2 tsp
Coriander Pw - 2 tsp
Garam Masala - 1/2 tsp
Salt to taste
Oil - 2 tbsp
1. Take potato in a big ball.
2. Add chilli , turmeric pw, chilli pw, coriander pw,garam masala .
3. Mix everything well and if mixture is loose add some bread crumbs.
4. Add coriander leaves and lemon juice and mix well again.
5. Make oblong shaped balls and keep aside.
6. Mix corn starch and water to make a thin slurry.
7. Heat oil till 335 F .
8. Dip each oblong balls in cornstarch ,roll in bread roll.
9. Drop in oil and cook in till golden.
10. Keep aside till you are ready to serve.
11. Grind onion and coriander leaves and keep aside.
12. Grind tomato and keep aside.
13. Heat oil and add ginger garlic paste and cook for few minutes.
14. Add onion paste and cook till oil separates.
15. Add turmeric pw , chilli pw , coriander pw and cook for a minute.
16. Add tomato puree and cook till oil separates.
17. Add 1 cup of water ,salt and let it simmer till the required consistency .
18. Add Garam Masala and switch off the flame.
19. Just before serving warm up the gravy.
20. Drop the koftas in the gravy and just warm everything together for a minute.
21. Sprinkle with coriander leaves and serve with chapati or rice.