Any kind of mezhukvaratti /fry my mom makes i love it and will surely make some curd rice to go with it.Gobi and matar fry goes well with paratha or roti too specially with a piece of mango pickle . This recipe is not traditionally prepared mezhukvarati but my moms innovation.She used to make this a lot during winter months.
Cauliflower - 2 cup cut into very small florets
Peas - 3/4 cup
Ginger - 1 tsp grated
Hot Green Chilli - 2 tbsp chopped fine or to taste
Mustard seeds - 1 tsp
Turmeric Pw - 1/4 tsp
Oil - 1 tbsp
Salt to taste
1. Cut cauliflower into very very small florets and leave in heavily salt water for 20-30 minutes.
2. Wash cauliflower , drain and keep aside.
3. Heat oil and mustard and let it pop.
4. Now add cauliflower,chilli,ginger ,turmeric, salt and mix well and cover.
5. Let it cook for 2 -3 minutes and remove the cover.
6. Add peas and mix everything light handedly and cook till cauliflower is done.
7. Serve with roti or curd rice.