This vegetable is pavakka in Kerala and karela in hindi . This chips i tried first time at Hotchips shop . Karela chips goes well with sambar or rasam rice. Its very addictive .
Karela - 2 cups , sliced thin
Rice flour - 1/4 cup
Chili Powder - 2 tsp
Turmeric Powder - 1/4 tsp
Amchur - 1/2 tsp
Salt to taste
Oil for frying
- Mix rice flour , chili , turmeric , amchur and salt.
- Add the above mixture to sliced karela and mix well.
- Keep aside for half an hour.
- Add a few tbsp of water to mixture and mix well again.
- Heat oil and drop the karela in single layer into the oil.
- Fry till golden, drain and cool and store in air tight container.