A quick sabzi to make if you are in a mood to try something new when you don't have any vegetable in refrigerator.
Besan - 1 cup
Onion - 1/2 cup ,chopped
Green Chili - 1 tbsp , chopped
Ajwain - 1/8 tsp
Cumin - 1/2 tsp
Turmeric - 1/4 tsp
Hing - 1/4 tsp
Salt to taste
Oil - 1 tbsp
- Add one cup of water to besan and make lumpless batter.
- Add salt, turmeric ,chilli, ajwain ,jeera to batter and mix well.
- At this stage taste and adjust salt .
- Heat oil , add hing and then onion.
- Cook till onion turns translucent and add besan batter.
- Mix well , cover and cook for 1-2 minutes on low heat.
- Keep on mixing till the besan scrambles .
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve with roti.
PS: Can be used as stuffing for paratha too