Happy Krishna Janamashtami !
Rice - 1/2 cup
Milk - 2 cups.
Jaggery - 3/4 cup (or 3/4 cup sugar)
Water - 2 cups
Cardamom Powder - 1/2 tsp
Edible Camphor - a pinch(literally a pinch only)
Ghee - 1 tbsp
- Wash and keep the rice aside.
- Heat ghee in a heavy bottom pan.
- Add rice , mix well and cook for two minutes.
- Add one cup water and milk and bring to boil.
- Lower the heat and cover and cook .
- In the mean time melt jaggery with one cup water.
- Remove the scum for the top and filter the jaggery.
- Add cardamom and keep it back on low flame to cook .
- When rice is cooked add the jaggery syrup to it .
- Mix well and cook for another two minutes
- Add edible camphor and remove from fire.
Sending it to
Show me your hits : Rice event @cooksjoy