I love pori and when i saw an Upma made from it i was surprised and excited and decided to make Kaveri's Pori Upma for this weeks Blog-Hop-Wednesdays. I modified the recipe a little bit to add some vegetables.
Onion - 2 tbsp , chopped fine
Potato - 1/4 cup , 1/4 inch cubes(optional)
Spinach - 1/4 cup , chopped(optional)
Salt to taste
Ghee - 2 tsp
Hing - a pinch
Urad Dal - 1 tsp
Mustard seeds - 1/4 tsp
Cashew - a few , broken into bits
Whole dry chili - 2
Ginger - 1/4 tsp , chopped fine
A sprig of curry leaves
- Heat ghee in a wide pan and hing and dal
- When dal changes color add mustard and cashew.
- Add then add curry leaves , turmeric , ginger.
- When cashew starts changing color add potato and spinach.
- When potato is half cooked add the onion and cook.
- Now wash the pori under running water and squeeze the extra water.
- When the potato is fully cooked add the pori.
- Add salt and mix well and serve immediately.
Sending it toBlog-Hop-Wednesdays