Arbi is a common vegetable in malayali kitchens and i used to think its not used in North Indian homes and then came across this recipe of my friends mother and loved it. She said it is served as starter in weddings and other parties.
Arbi - 10 , medium sized
Green Chili - 4 , slit
Ajwain - 1/2 tsp
Hing/Asafoetida - 1/4 tsp
Turmeric Powder - 1/4 tsp
Chili Powder - 1 tsp
Coriander Powder - 2 tsp
Amchur/Mango Powder - 1 tsp
Garam Masala - 1/2 tsp
Curd - 2 tbsp
Coriander Leaves - 2 tbsp , chopped fineOil - 2 tbsp
Salt to taste
- Peel and slice arbi into 1/2 inch thick slices.
- Wash just before adding to the oil
- Heat oil add ajwain and hing and add arbi .
- Cook uncovered on high for few minutes .
- Add turmeric , chili , coriander powder and mix well.
- Lower the heat and cover and cook till just tender.
- Add the salt , amchur , garam masala and mix well.
- And cook for few more minutes .
- Switch of the heat and add curd , green chili .
- Mix well and garnish with coriander leaves.
Sending it to
Appetizers/Starters event @ sumeesculinary blog