A friends family stayed with us for some days a few weeks ago and her mom who was visiting her from India made this sandwich one day. And we all loved it.
Aloo/Potato - 1 cup , boiled and mashed
Onion - 2 tbsp , chopped fine
Tomato - 2 tbsp , chopped fine
Chili - 1 tsp , chopped fine(optional)
Chat Masala - 1 tsp
Garam Masala - 1/4 tsp
Roasted Jeera - 1/4 tsp
Salt to taste
Butter - 4 tbsp
Green Chutney - 1/4 cup(optional)
Bread - 12 slices
- Mix Aloo , onion , tomato, chili, chat masala , garam masala , jeera powder and salt.
- Spread butter on one side of each slice.
- Spread green chutney on other side 6 slices.
- Spread a layer of aloo mix on other side of remaining slices.
- Cook on a griddle or pannini maker on both sides till golden.
- Serve hot with ketchup or chutney.