Mooli(Diakon Radish) is a common winter vegetable in North India. When i saw this interesting recipe at Priya's blog: mharorajasthanrecipes i immediately knew what i wanted to try for march bloghop.This curry also works as a wonderful filling for stuffed paratha. I have modified the recipe a bit to my family's taste.Mooli (Diakon Raddish) - 2 cups , boiled and mashed
Onion - 1 /4 cup ,finely chopped
Garlic - 1/2 tsp, minced
Turmeric Powder - 1/4 tsp
Red Chilli Powder - 1/2 tsp
Coriander Powder - 1/2 tsp
Cumin Seeds - 1/4 tsp
Pure Hing - a pinch
Coriander Seeds - 2 tbsp Salt to taste
Oil - 1 tbsp
- Pressure cook mooli and mash it well.
- Heat oil in a heavy pan and add cumin seeds .
- Cook till cumin turns golden and then add hing.
- Add onion and garlic and let it fry till it becomes translucent.
- Add salt, chili,coriander ,turmeric and fry for few seconds.
- Add mashed mooli and fry till oil separates (about 3-4 minutes).
- Add coriander leaves and aamchur and mix well and serve.
- Serve it hot with roti/paratha.
Blog-Hop-Wednesdays" at tickling palates