Bagar (Samo Seeds) is a common fasting food for people of central India.It is also called vrat ke chawal. It can be cooked as just like rice . And can used in any preparation in place of rice. I did this dosa just like neer dosa. Since summer navrathri is almost here thought of posting this recipe.
Fresh Coconut - 1 cup , grated
Ginger - 1/4 tsp, chopped
Green Chili - 1 , chopped
Tamarind Paste - 1/4 tsp or lemon juice
Curry Leaves - a few
Water - 1/4 cup
Salt to taste
- Grind coconut , ginger , chili , tamarind paste , salt and water to a coarse paste.
Bagar - 1 cup , soaked for few hours
Fresh Coconut - 1/4 cup, grated
Water - 1 cup
Salt - to taste
- Grind bagar , water ,salt and coconut to a fine paste.
- Heat a griddle and pour a ladle of batter and spread like dosa.
- Pour some ghee around the dosa and on top.
- When one side is done flip and cook the other side.
- And serve hot with coconut chutney.