Every time i try a new recipe from "Cooking at home with Pedatha" i fall in love with this cookbook all over again. Few of the recipes have become a staple in my kitchen. I wanted to try this Mango Tokku for quite some time and last month i tried it finally and my family is loving it :). Here's the recipe.
Raw Mango - 4 Cups, grated
Mustard Powder - 2 tbsp
Chilly Powder - 3 tbsp
Turmeric Powder - 1 tsp
Jaggery - 1/2 cup ( i used just 1 tbsp)
Oil - 1/2 cup ( i used 1 cup)
Salt to taste
Mustard Seeds - 1 tbsp
Fenugreek Seeds - 1 tbsp
Asafoetida - 1/2 tsp
- Heat oil and add mustard and let it pop.
- Add fenugreek and let it brown and add asafoetida.
- Add mango and remaining ingredients .
- Cook till oil separates and pickle is ready.
- Store in a sterilized bottle in refrigerator.
Sending this to event :