I always wanted to try and cook all the bookmarked recipes but for some reason i was ever able to get to it and then one day i came across a wonderful event started by Radikha called "BLOG HOP WEDNESDAY" thought how wonderful it is to get a chance to explore a blog and cook something that caught your attention rather just bookmarking it :). For this wednesday i was introduced to a wonderful blog called "Schmetterlingwords" with beautiful pictures and the wonderful recipes posted by Safas. One of my all time favourite curry is Mor Curry and Safas had a version in which she has used vendekka ( Okra / Ladies Finger) and thought of cooking it. And we all loved it.
Vendakka /Okra - 1/4 cup , chopped 1/4 inch rounds
Yoghurt – 1 1/2 cup
Chili powder – 1/2 tsp
Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
Ginger garlic paste – 1/4 tsp
Oil – for frying
Salt – as per taste
Mustard seeds – 1/4 tsp
Urad dal – 1/2 tsp
Curry leaves – a few
Dried red chilies - 2
- Wash the vendaakka and dry them well with a paper towel and cut them into quarter inch pieces.
- In a bowl mix chilli powder , turmeric powder , ginger garlic paste , salt and okra .
- Mix gently and set aside for half an hour to marinate.
- Heat the oil in a big frying pan and add the vendekka with out overcrowding the pan.
- Fry the okra and set aside on a paper towel to dry
- Take yoghurt in a bowl and add 1/4 water and salt and beat well.
- Add the fried okra to it and simmer for a few minutes.
- Heat about 2 tsp oil and pop mustard seeds and add urad dal.
- When dal turns brown add the chillies and curry leaves.
- Pour it over the yogurt mixture and serve with rice or as a soup.
I'm sending this entry to "Blog-Hop-Wednesdays" at tickling palates.