Sweet Potato chat is one of my favorite go to recipes in summer when grill is out . When cooked on the grill and the skin gets charred and imparts the potato a unique flavor which the makes the chat mouth watering.This works as a Vrat (fasting) food if you avoid the onion and sev in the recipe.
Sweet Potato - 4 , medium sized
Onion - 1/2 cup , finely minced
Green Chili - 1 tbsp, finely minced
Corinader leaves - 1/2 cup ,finely chopped
Roasted Cumin Pw - 1 tsp
Red Chilli Pw - 1/2 tsp
Curd - 1 to 11/2 cup
Sev - 1/2 cup , (Use crushed chips of your choice instead)
Salt to taste
- Cook the sweet potato on grill till fork tender .
- (Or you can cook it in the oven or partially boil and saute the sweet potatoes.)
- Mix the onion,green chili and coriander leaves.
- Mix curd and salt and beat well.
- Peel the cooked potato and chop into cubes .
- Arrange potato cubes in the serving bowl.
- Pour the curd mixture over the potato cubes.
- Sprinkle the onion mixture over it .
- Next sprinkle cumin and red chili powder over it.
- Just before serving garnish it with sev and serve.