These days i'm cooking from a very lovely book called "Cooking at Home with Pedatha". I am loving it. Its one of the best vegetarian cooking book i have come across in a very long time. And one very unique chutney recipe i came a cross is Carrot Pachadi.
Carrot - 2 1/2 cup ,chopped into 1/4 cm bits
Lemon Juice - 2 large lemons
Oil - 2 tbsp ( 2 tsp original)
Salt to taste
Mustard Seeds - 3/4 tsp
Fenugreek Seeds - 1/2 tsp
Hing - 3/4 tsp
Red Chilli - 20 -25
Mustard - 1/4 cup (1/2 cup original)
- For paste ,soak the chillies and mustard in 1 cup water 3-4 hours .
- Strain and grind to fine paste using as little strained water as possible.
- In a khadai , heat the oil for tempering.
- Pop the mustard and then add the fenugreek.
- Switch off the flame and with the browning of the fenugreek add the hing.
- Add carrot , lemon juice ,the paste.
- Store in clean airtight container in refrigerator, tastes best after a day or two.