Kantora is a vegetable that looks like a little karela but its not a very bitter like karela. A bengali friend of mine introduced me to this vegetable. It is available every were in north India and even easily available in very Indian grocery store here. It is very good side for rice and rasam. It can be stuffed and cooked like karela.
Kantora - 1 cup ,diced in half moon shape
Curry leaves - a few
Mustard - 1/4 tsp
Urad Dal - 1/2 tsp
Hing - 1/8 tsp
Turmeric Pw - 1/8 tsp
Chili Pw - 1/4 tsp
Oil - 2 tsp
- Heat oil in a frying fan and pop mustards.
- Add urad dal, hing and curry leaves.
- When urad dal turns golden and add kantora.
- Add salt and turmeric and cover for a minute.
- Remove the cover and cook till the kantora turns golden along the sides.
- Add the chili powder and mix well and remove from flame.
- Enjoy with rice and rasam.